Wednesday, January 24, 2007

New Orleans Jazz Vinyl Album from Claude Luter

logo - rare jazz vinyl album from Claude Luter

Listen online
Download the jazz vinyl podcast
(mp3 format - 33,1 MB)





Dear Jazz Vinyl Lovers,

A new year and thus another new jazz vinyl selected for your ears.

Let's go back to the real New Orleans Jazz. Recenlty found a vinyl album where Claude Luter (some french guy I guess) plays New Orleans Jazz. So prepare for some nice Dixieland Jazz from Bechet and other great jazz performers.

Also, I would like to thank all my fans and friends for listening and supporting the podcast! I really look forward to start some conversations with you! Whether via the podomatic platform or via my Jazz Blog. Will take some further actions on this very soon. To be continued ... winking

Alright, that being said, please enjoy:

:: Claude Luter New Orleans Jazz ::

Tracklist:

- Royal garden blues
- Weather bird rag
- September blues
- Chattanooga stomp
- Lazy blues
- Oh didn't he ramble
- High society
- Riverside blues
- That's my home
- Coal black shine
- In a georgia cabin
- Wild cat blues


Yours truly,

Fresh Sounds

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tom
I really enjoyed listening to your podcast 'New Orleans Jazz'. I am a real fan of New Orleans Jazz and have been most of my life. I have a large collection of CD,s as most of the old stuff you can get on CD now.For example the oldest ever jazz recording 'At the Jazz Band Ball' by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band was recorded in 1917 but is readily available on Cd.
As regards Claude Luter (the French man) his was the band that backed the great Sidney Bechet clarinettist and soprano saxophonist when he was living in Paris in the forties.In fact Sidney can be heard on some of the tracks in your podcast.
Hope this is of interest to you.
Regards Edward Southall
Birmingham. England

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Claude Luter's band backed the great clarinettist and soprano saxophonist during the forties when he lived in Paris. You canhear him on some of the tracks.
Eddie Southall
Birmingham England

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for listening, great you liked the New Orleans Jazz podcast ;-)

Well..thanks for the info on Claude Luter..didn't know he backed great old Sidney Bechtet.

Keep an eye on the podcast, I hope to release a new one soon. Look forward to further comments from you.

Regards,

Fresh Sounds

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning:

Please, can you type the tracklist in the right order to match the mp3 file?

The first track is High Society, no Royal Garden Blues.

Thank You

Willie

3:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you release new album & it is nice Dixieland Jazz from Bechet & I enjoyed with your music.

Mahesh

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did grow up in Berlin.Every week was devoted to listening to Traditional Jazz.Our hometown band was the Spree City Stompers.Most of the then travelling bands stopped over to Jam with them.Claude Luter one of them.During my life I was able to listen to most of the popular traditional musicians.I spent time in New Orleans on Bourbon Street,Eddy Condons in new York etc.I also play Clarinet.With a group of mine which I founded we played on the Via Apia next to the Catacombs in Rome.So,Traditional jazz is my cup of tea.Ea.year I may go to the Sacramento,Calif. Jubilee to enjoy 100 bands plus.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking for old jazz album called
Rags and all that jazz by the
Swingle singers. DJ Mike

12:12 AM  
Blogger JWG--The Bright Seed said...

This is a very nice site. I liked the Oscar Peterson, Errol Clark, Art Tatum trio Podcast. I am more of a modern jazz fusion guy but i am going to visit here from time to time when i want to relax. I leave you with a tune you may like called "5th-street-seranade" by "The Bright Seed". Keep up the good work. Best wishes for the new year, JWG
jwggalleries.com:

https://soundcloud.com/jwg-2/5th-street-seranade-dj-mix

11:15 PM  
Blogger اوائل المثالى said...

شركة تنظيف بالرياض
شركة تخزين اثاث بجدة
شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
شركة رش مبيدات بجدة

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home